April 26, 2014
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Getting There: TTC access via 100 Flemington bus from Eglinton or Broadview subway station. For out of towners, HWY 401 to the Don Valley Parkway, south on the parkway to the Wynford Drive exit, west on Wynford to Garamond Court. Turn right and then left into the JCCC parking lot. Wheelchair Accessible. Parking is very limited – TTC recommended. For those who will be driving please check the Parking Map which indicates inexpensive parking lots close to the JCCC.
Vendors at the Marketplace include 1 Stop Alpaca Farm, Adirondack Yarns, Alpaca Avenue, BeadFX, Bling Your String, Busy Hands, Camilla Valley Farm, Creative Yarns, Cynthia Blanton Studio, Dye Version, Gateway Fibreworks, Gemini Fibres, Grand River Yarns, Hopeful Shetlands, HummingHill Alpacas, Indigodragonfly Designs, Infiknit, Knitca, Knit-O-Matic, Ladeebee Yarn & Beads, Lady Slipper Alpacas, Linda’s Craftique, Needle Arts Book Shop, RainCityKnits, Raventwist, Roving Winds Farm, Seaspun Yarns, Serenity Knits, Shall We Knit, Sheeps Ahoy, Shelridge Yarns, Sheppard Handmade, Soak Wash Inc., Stoddart Farm, Sweaterkits, Sweet Fiber Yarns, Sweet Paprika Designs, Tanis Fiber Arts, The Black Lamb, The Needle Emporium, The Purple Purl, The Woodlot, Turtlepurl Yarns & Notions, Unraveled, Unwind Yarn House, Waterloo Wools, Wellington Fibres, Zig Zag Stitches, and more
On the Frolic Vendor Listing page you can see a list of attending vendors with their locations at the JCCC. Downloadable floorplans are also available there.
There will also be a Knitters’ Cafe offering food and beverages onsite (Saturday only) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Dr. Knit Sessions Saturday in the Marketplace: Knitting ills and ailments diagnosed and cured! Rent Dr. Knit for 15 minutes and get her expert advice. No questions too simple, no problems too large! Sit down with Dr. Knit from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 to 5:00 p.m. and discuss your questions one-on-one, $5 per session (all proceeds to the Canadian Cancer Society Relay for Life).
Tips to Make the Most of the Frolic
- Exact change for the entrance fee is appreciated.
- Bring cash and your credit card. There is no ATM on site. Note that a number of vendors will only accept cash.
- Please come prepared to carry purchased items in your own bags. Vendors must charge 5¢ per plastic bag (City of Toronto bylaw).
- Wear comfortable shoes. You will be walking, looking at booths, going away, and going back again – maybe several times.
- There will be a café serving coffee and light snacks on site. Take a break and enjoy yourself.
- If you do not pick up your raffle prize(s) at the Frolic they will not be mailed except for gift certificates. You will be able to pick them up at DKC meetings on May 21 and June 18.
- If you plan to purchase a number or raffle tickets make things easier and faster for yourself by printing your own labels with your name, telephone number and email address. This will save you time for more shopping.
- Exact change is appreciated.
- Limit of 2 prizes per person
Vendors Please Note: This is an invitation only event for vendors. Space is at a premium and it is unlikely there will be any openings for the Frolic Marketplace 2014. If you wish to be added to our waiting list for a booth at the Knitter’s Frolic, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your business and what you would be selling in your booth space. If you have a webpage advertising your business please provide the address in your email. Our Events Programmer will contact be in contact with you.